Famiily Immigration

Family Immigration Lawyer in Honolulu Helps Reunite Families in the United States

An attorney who strengthens family bonds with skilled immigration legal assistance

All U.S. Employers are subject to U.S. Immigration Laws. Each U.S. employer is required to check immigration documents of employees hired after November 6, 1986 and complete the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) accurately to ensure that the employee is eligible to work in the United States. Failure to verify the immigration documents for employees and/or complete the Form I-9 accurately could subject the employers to both civil and criminal penalties.

The Law Offices of KahBo Dye-Chiew, business immigration attorney, works with business employers and corporations of all sizes that seek the benefits of U.S. commerce.
We offer a variety of types of assistance in order to help companies achieve growth and expansion:


As a U.S. citizen, visas are always available to your immediate family members

You must be a U.S. citizen to help family members receive immigration benefits. The following conditions apply:
You must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and prove your U.S. citizenship and your relationship with documentation, such as a birth certificate or marriage certificate. Immediate relatives — spouse, children and parents — do not have to wait for a visa. Visas are always available for immediate family members. As a U.S. citizen, you may also petition to bring in your brothers and sisters but you must be aware that there may be a very long wait before they are able to enter the U.S. as immigrants.

As a permanent resident, you can help family members come to America

If you hold a green card, you can still petition to bring certain family members into the United States under the Family Based SecondPreference Category – FB-2 Immigrant Visa. You must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and provide proof that you are a permanent resident. You must also prove your relationship to the person or persons for whom you’re petitioning.In recent years, spouses of lawful permanent residents have been able to enter the United States relatively quickly because immigrant visa numbers are available for them. Unfortunately, you must be aware that there may be a long wait before your other relative will be able to enter the United States.

Help for your relatives with citizenship and naturalization

The Law Offices of KahBo Dye-Chiew can also assist your relatives at the appropriate time with filing applications for U.S. citizenship through naturalization, including preparation for the English and civics naturalization test.

Same-sex marriages now receive the same treatment for visas as opposite-sex marriages

After the June 2013 Supreme Court ruling that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced it would adjudicate immigration visa petitions filed on behalf of a same-sex spouse in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse. This decision by the Supreme Court can also affect fiancée visas and other employment based immigrant and non-immigrant visas.

Receive exceptional service from a lawyer who understands the process and the need

The Law Offices of KahBo Dye-Chiew in Honolulu strives to help families meet their immigration needs. Attorney KahBo Dye-Chiew helps U.S. citizens and permanent residents petition for family members to be reunited in America. Call today to schedule your consultation at 866-510-7082 or contact the firm online.
Kahbo Dye-Chiew

Contact a skilled immigration attorney in Honolulu and find out which visa category applies to you

Call 808-542-5572 or Click Here  for assistance with immigration issues.